Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Summertime Mealtime

After having Brando's friend Big Shawners grocery shop for us, then come home and slave in our kitchen for four hours making three delicious meals for us that lasted us all week, and then hearing Allison rave again about her delicious meals made in advance for the entire week, I finally decided I would do it myself. After Big Shawners wasn't available to come over tonight and do it again, that is.

So, tonight, Brando and I grocery shopped and slaved for four hours to make three (hopefully all) delicious meals that will hopefully last us the week. Grocery shopping together was a BLAST, especially sending the boys in all different directions to get ingredients (out of the whole list, I'm pretty sure Brando and I only got two items ourselves), coming home and all four of us putting all the ingredients together - washing, chopping, putting together, all the while I was making the ingredients pretty in their own individual bowls whilst Brando made fun of me,
and then finally, FINALLY eating my delicious plate of chicken, red pepper, and onion kabobs marinated in soy sauce, honey, and olive oil with fresh green beans, cherry tomatoes, olive oil, and basil.
So excited for beef bourgouignon with red wine, carrots, and onions,
asparagus with fresh squeezed lime and garlic,
rosemary potatoes,
and goat cheese, basil, and bread crumb stuffed tomatoes.
ph. by Brando (except for the 3rd ph.), unedited because I stole them too quickly

7 Comments:

linda said...

i almost invited myself over for dinner.
how rude of me :)

L said...

mouth-watering pics! those goat cheese stuffed tomatoes especially. it's fun that you involved the whole fam in doing meals!

Liz said...

I just made goat cheese stuffed tomatoes this weekend & they were oh so yummy! In fact, you just reminded me that there is one left. I'm brining it to work with me today!

PattyAnn said...

those tomato things look delish, i might have to try it! i can barely stand being in the kitchen long enough to cook one meal, let alone three. y'all rock.

Mrs. Architect said...

Yum yum yum yum yum!!!!!

Um, btw, I keep forgetting to give you your gift! I am accumulating a collection of goodies for you, and everytime I see you, i forget to give them to you. I'll stick them in the mail. It's kind of a belated xmas, belated bday, and over-all thanks for being an amazing friend gifts. :o)

That Chelsea Girl™ said...

Oh goodness, that all looks so good!

Pink Sun Drops said...

Linda - Invite yourself - I'd love to have you over for dinner : ) !

L - Thanks. The meals were delicious!

Liz - Next time, I'll have the goat cheese tomatoes for us to eat earlier, and maybe put some meat in them. After a week in the fridge they were still delicious, but didn't sit too well with me.

Pittman - This is the French version. There's also a Vietnamese version. Can't wait to try that one!

Goldilocks - It was yummy - thanks for being part of the inspiration :) . Oh and ooooh gifts :) . It will be like my birthday all over.

Chelsea - Thanks! It was!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...