Friday, March 29, 2013

Creating a bonfire

I've been reading Sarah's emails for awhile. Even though the main focus of weight loss doesn't necessarily apply to me, her energy is infectious, and her random emails on life, business, and now marriage are nuggets of gold. Today's email caught my eye as I start to go on a downward spiral after finishing up a year long project yesterday. "Are you destined for divorce?" I had to read further, as poor Brando catches the brunt of my triggers every single time, and today he's getting the bottom of the barrel. A quote that stood out to me, that I have realized in other ways through different inspirations throughout the year, is, "When it comes to relationships, f**k the spark, how are you going to create a f**king bonfire?"

The comments for articles intrigue me almost as much as the article, as I love reading other people's perspectives and feedback to truly round out the article. A comment Sarah left in reply to a comment  asking how to make a bonfire when you're single in regards to Sarah's suggestion to do so caught my eye, "Great question. Have as much fun as possible! Concentrate on doing things that light you up, and get out of the house. If you’re having fun, and are totally in love with yourself, you’re gonna be a frickin magnet. To me, it’s really that simple." I have believed that from day one, even when you're in a relationship I believe a small part of this still applies, especially if you're a SAHM. I have not ever been able to put this into words as succinctly and beautifully as Sarah did, though.

Thank you, Sarah, for an amazing article at the perfect timing. Now let's just hope my log isn't too wet for me to chip away the wet bark today, because I really don't feel like blowing too hard today ;) .

0 Comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...