Tuesday, October 16, 2007

After School Snacks

Snacks of any kind were not a factor in my childhood. We occasionally had wheat toast with cinnamon sugar or fruit, but other than that we were not a snacky type of family. Now when I go to the store I hardly ever walk down those aisles and when I do I can't bring myself to buy anything. Thus I hardly ever have anything to snack on around the house, except for ice cream, fruit, or wheat toast (funny how the circle rolls). At the moment my child is snacking on raw spaghetti noodles. Ew. Though I remember doing that.

So now I'm trying to think of healthy, yummy, READY snacks and my mind is drawing a complete blank.

What were your favorites as a kid? What are your favorites now? I would love to have some healthy, yummy snacks around for my kiddos for in between meals!

1 Comments:

California Girl said...

With Bella fruit always works (grapes or oranges). Also, she loves goldfish, and I don't think they're too terrible. Hmmm what else? Pirate's Booty is also a hit.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...