Sunday, November 16, 2008

Girlified

All three boys are out of town and I had the first Saturday afternoon to myself in ten years. Wahoo!! My poor hubby and sister... to quote via text from Brando, "hellooooooo!!!!!????" and from my sister, "OMG you are SO unavailable today." I texted Brando back, "It's my first Saturday off in forever! I'm a little busy."

I slept in until 10:30am which is the first time I've done that in AGES. Then I leisurely got ready and headed over to see a friend's new apartment. We had a glass of wine and 2pm in the afternoon -hell yeah - then went to see Zack and Miri at the Ritz downtown. It was at the Alamo which is a dinner theatre so we ate artichoke heart and goat cheese pizza and drank a pitcher of sangria. Mmmm. We went to scope out the place she is getting married next spring and it is GORGEOUS. It's at the st*te cap*tol which apparently is a st*te park where you set up shop, get married, and go on your merry way. The location they picked inside is mind blowing. It's on the bottom level and it's an open atrium. It goes about two to three stories up and then it's open sky. There's a big Texas st*r in the middle where they are going to get married and have everybody around them. It brought tears to my eyes seeing it and imagining the scene. I'm so going to be a big baby when it happens.

I dropped her off then picked up my upstairs neighbor who also happens to be a substitute teacher at J's school. We headed to Pei Wei for some Thai Coconut Curry chicken, then to Main Event for a beer and conversation with Li and her boyfriend. We headed home and chatted til' the wee hours of the evening. Then I made myself a bubble bath and watched Ugly Betty until I crawled into bed halfway thru and fell asleep exhausted but happy.

This morning I woke up at 8am to meet K.T. for coffee and catch up with her since it seems like forEVER since I've seen her. I love her, she is the sweetest thing ever and so much like me with the energy I bubble over it's ridiculous. We talked for an hour and a half before she had to head off to work then  I came home and worked out for the first time since my surgery. Hell I needed it. I've gained 4 pounds because of all the loose jeans I've been wearing to make things comfortable! Not to mention the trips to Grandma's : ) and double stuffed oreos left over from Halloween : ) .

I am so perfectly content and satisfied, rather, girlified. I'm going to have to schedule myself a Saturday by myself at least once a month and ship the boys off to a guys night!

2 Comments:

L said...

Wow! The day sounds perfect - all that yummy food and girl time!

Mrs. Architect said...

Yes you do!! Those times are so important to our sanity! SO glad you had such a fun time!

...only wish I could have been there too! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...