Sunday, June 21, 2009

Guadalup*n' It

Man, I am up super early and I can't get back to sleep. Alcohol does that to me when it doesn't give me a hangover.

Had an AWESOME weekend floating the river with KT. When we first got on the river some boys from Bost*n tried to talk us out of our alcohol. They even opened our cooler! Then, we met a cute couple from San Marc*s and floated with them the rest of the way, chatting about everything from bl*dder infections (mine), to frat parties, to work, to school. We had a blast! The river was soooooo slow we had to paddle when we weren't going down a chute, so my arms and shoulders are sore today. Oh, and two hours into it I had to pee like a racehorse only I COULDN'T pee like a racehorse (as in, go in the water) so I was freakin' MISERABLE thinking it was my infection until my body couldn't take it anymore and took over my unwillingness to go in the water, like everybody does, and knows it, because well, you're tubing, what else are you going to do. Still, I'm self conscious about and it and didn't grow up going in the water ANYwhere!! Okay, enough, of that conversation. See, I'm still uncomfortable? Ahem.

We stopped for burgers afterwards at the most delicious burger place, but I suppose anything would've tasted pretty fantastic after that. We danced the hour ride home in the car to KT's CD collection, and had quite a few audiences on the way. I'm getting pretty good at driving and dancing. Stoplights are my friend, though. We are officially each other's car dancing partners.

I'm off to read blogs, or facebo*k, or read my Sisterhood of the Travell*ng Pants 2 until I'm tired enough to fall back asleep. Yawn.

11 Comments:

Jillian said...

AHH I hated that last time I went tubing....oooh man the river was so not moving...so the last 2hrs were spent paddling to GET OFF the river....

Anonymous said...

Alcohol gets you up early, too?! I thought I was the only one! ;)

Pink Sun Drops said...

Fortunately we did the 3 hour float and loved it after the initial get up and go! The couple we floated with were a little more screwed... they did the 5 hour and had been floating for an hour and a half before we got on and still had a ways to go after we got off!!

Pink Sun Drops said...

A, wow, I thought I was the only one, too!! Guess that makes two of us!

Jillian said...

yeah we did the whole 5-6hr one...sooo needless to say next time we go...3hr is good for me!!!!!

L said...

Tubing sounds fun! I was just talking to someone today about doing that this summer!

Mrs. Architect said...

Alcohol ALWAYS wakes me up early. Specifically liquor. Beer and wine doesn't do it as much.

I'm SO ready for THIS WEEKEND!!!

RCaitlin said...

Alcohol gets me up early too!

TexanCouture said...

Tubing sounds fun well minus the the not moving sore arms part, but I need to go!

Larissa said...

I grew up going to the beach a lot, and learned early on that peeing in the water is sometimes a necessity :)

rachaelgking said...

Mmmm, burgers... I remember those...

Stupid diet!

:-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...