Saturday, June 06, 2009

What to do

Totally at a loss as to what to do over the summer. I officially lost my summer gig I had going for this month which would be the paycheck that would be carrying me through RIGHT NOW and the next few weeks. Looking back I'm thinking it's silly that I didn't have something else lined up, but really it's not. This was a solid job I did ALL YEAR that was going to leak into the summer. I had no reason to believe it wasn't going to happen. Turns out twelve of the separate days I had committed to AREN'T GOING TO HAPPEN. Which leaves me slightly pissed that I wasn't told until the day of or week before on each of them, especially when I'd already made the commitment.  The job had never been like this before otherwise I wouldn't have stuck with it!! I'm totally up shite creek right now. I sure hope the next few things I do I can sneak some vodka into my water, because that's the way I'm going to roll. I'll figure it all out next week, but in the meantime, I don't have two dimes to rub together. Actually, I do. I have a bucket of change. Maybe I'll raid that.

4 Comments:

Jillian said...

awwwww :(

im sorry to hear that lady...but you seem like a very resourceful and determined woman...so i'm sure you will find something sooner than later...definitely!

Pink Sun Drops said...

Thanks, Jillian. I totally am. Unfortunately I really had my mind set this was happening so I feel like I'm a little bit in a whirlwind right now!!!

L said...

They really should have given you more warning. That once happened to me with a nanny job, and I had to hurry up and find something else in like two days - not easy! I'm going to pray for you, because God WILL provide if we ask and trust. xo

Pink Sun Drops said...

Thanks, L. It's nice knowing it wasn't just me that's happened to!! I kind of dropped the whole nanny thing after this situation and am going to pursue what I did last summer. That was fun, except for two jobs I did, and I can request to not do those!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...