Tuesday, July 12, 2005

My Sweet Boys

I have started homeschooling with Justin. Hubby and I sat down and worked out some things for him to work on. Writing his numbers 1 to 1000, writing his lowercase letters (he's known the uppercase like the back of his hand since he was three), learning the planets and the states. Very very basic in all of the general school subjects. We started a few weeks ago and he loves it. He loves the responsibility, the learning, the new discoveries. The first week we wrote 1-60 at 20 numbers a day. The day we wrote 40-60 he took the afternoon to write the numbers 60-100 all on his own, and then later all the way from 1-100 on his own. Then promptly taped them up on my wall. This kid is amazing in the way he thinks, sometimes he thinks so far outside the box he just blows me away. And as Hubby puts it he not only thinks outside the box, if you expand the box just a little he immediately expands his thinking to fill it. He is already using fractions, three half scoops of ice cream is only one and a half Dad. And multiplication. Three tens are thirty, four twos are eight, two fives are ten.

Little Man I found lounging in a bin of Legos this evening. Is that comfortable? I ask. He doesn't say anything so I go to get my camera. I come back a second later and he's getting up. I say please stay so I can take a picture. He does, then says it hurts so he gets up. I put away the camera and come back a few minutes later and there he is again, lounging in the Lego bin.

PS My birthday is tomorrow. And my one year blogiversary is the 28th. Go me : ) !

8 Comments:

Cecilia said...

Well done on Little Guy, Missy. This is going to be a fun journey for all of you as he discovers the world under the watchful, loving eyes of his parents. He's so incredibly lucky for this.

And may I be the first one here to greet you a Happy Birthday! Any special plans?

Adrianne said...

How cute and wonderful are your little guys!
Oh Pink! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! My birthday is just 10 days away! We can swap birthday tales soon...hope yours is just the bliss you need and deserve :) xoxoxoxox

Allison said...

Happy Birthday! We have lots of July Bdays around here! Hope yoru day is wonderful!

That is SO cute about your boys! You make me want to have boys when I have kids!

Stacey said...

Hope you had a spectacular birthday!!!

beth said...

Happy Birthday, Pink, sorry I missed the day!! What fun stuff did you do? Don't you just love it when your kids love to learn? He sounds fabulous! they both do. and my one year blogging anniversary is the 25th!! :)

Emmanuel said...

What an adventure it must be to have kids like that. Happy 25th (?) birthday! and many more blogging-years to come.

pinksundrops said...

Hey Emmanuel, good guess, close any way! LOL I guess I forgot that part, it was my 24th and I'll be blogging about it soon it was FABULOUS!

girl from florida said...

Aww happy birthday sweetheart :) Too cute about the legos... did you end up getting a picture?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...