Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Shirt Dress

The shirt dress must be in style - I've seen it twice in the last week on girls that otherwise seem extremely stylish, and now I've found it at one of my favorite stores, Francesca's. To me, it looks exactly like my friend coined it "the morning after dress". Or, as I would put it, like throwing on a man's shirt and belting it - especially with the rounded hem. Pretty sure I could throw this look together by rummaging around in Brando's closet. Not sure how sexy I would feel in it, though. What do you think of this style?

5 Comments:

PattyAnn said...

I actually like it, don't think I could pull it off though.

linda said...

i'd prefer a tunic dress over a shirt dress. similiar enough concept. i never thought of it as the morning after dress but it does look like a man shirt with a belt. now that you've said that...

Her said...

I like it a lot, but I would go with a slightly shorter one over skinny jeans. Any by would go with, I mean, have gone with. =)

I love the red though! Mine is white.

One question--do you have partial feeds, or am I just subscribed to the incorrect feed? I can't get your whole post in Google reader.

Alicia said...

I like it! I'm not sure how it would look on me though- my stumpy legs may just make me look like i forgot to put my pants on.

Pink Sun Drops said...

Pittman - I feel you on not feeling like I could pull it off, but I bet you would look HOT in this!

Linda - I'm with you on the tunic over the shirt dress.

Her - I LOVE that idea. Skinny jeans, high heels, and crisp white shirt dress sounds fantasticly pulled together!

Alicia - Unfortunately, that's what the few girls that I've seen wear it look like, stumpy legs or not (which I'm sure yours aren't!). Maybe I will warm up to the idea, or it will become cuter as it becomes trendier, but for right now I'm holding off!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...