Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Terrified

I feel like a frog in boiling water, it's soooo comfortable in here but I KNOW I need to go. I'm just scared of what's outside the pot. A new job, possibly twelve hour a day shifts for BOTH of us, a new place and an apartment no less, a new town, new friends. Hell why not just a new life? Oh yeah that's kind of what it is huh?

I feel like I'm dropping all the balls here, and I don't want to, but at the same time I know I need to because I know there's one ball I need to hold up - getting back to getting that new life started. Sometimes I wonder is this the smartest thing and then I convince myself, yes you KNOW it is, it's just terrifying at the same time. I will miss SO much my kids being able to see their grandparents at the drop of a hat. Even when that hat is caught midway and both Oma and I are waiting for the other to call to confirm a kids night sleepover. Even when my parents are running in and out the door so much that my kiddos actually end up spending more time with them when they come out for visits when we live 2000 miles away than when we live WITH them.

We also made our reservations on American last night for the boys and I to fly and I admit it. I am TERRIFIED of flying. I've never really said that before but I am. Especially on American after 9/11 and because they are very unfriendly to kiddos, unless you're lucky. I'm already doing birthing breathing through take off and landing.

6 Comments:

Stacey said...

Bless your heart! I'm with you on the flying thing ... I'm terrified, too. But, I haven't been on a plane since I was in grade school, so it's been YEARS! Kuddos to you for having the guts to fly despite your fear.

Alyssa said...

I will be praying for a safe trip. I never used to be afraid to fly but now that I have kids I am for some reason. I am sure you are going througha surge of emotions with everything going on, but I am sure you will feel good about things once you get settled into your new life. Being in the military we get used to constantly uprooting and starting over, it is hard but sometimes fun to!

girl_from_florida said...

Aw you poor thing!!! I will be praying for you too. It's probably a huge adventure for the kids, all this new exciting fun stuff. So you're getting a job? For sure? Maybe try to take some dramamine to both make you a little sleepy and make sure you don't get sick. xoxo

mommyd said...

I hope that flight isn't scary and the flight attendants are helpful. I know the anticipation of it is the worst part! Good luck!

chrisite said...

I hate flying too

Allison said...

Marc HATES flying too!! I am like a baby in a car...i go right to sleep everytime and poor marc is left awake and white knuckled.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...