Friday, May 30, 2008


*warning! vent post ahead! a disorganized throw up of my feelings & thoughts*

As I'm looking for items to reorganize my life with, things that I used once on a daily basis e.g. my college study book, my block format for my weekly schedule, my calendar, I am finding evidence of my once organized state. Neatly organized drawers, with books lined up just so. Things exactly as I remember them a year ago when I took the time to figure out what I was doing. As I am going through things I remember putting things there, putting them here. Now for the life of me, I cannot remember WHERE I put anything!! I just spent three hours going through my garages, closets, laundry room, and storage room (and getting distracted for an hour, by the way, for a lost dog and his mommy), and the book I was looking for was RIGHT WHERE I HAD PUT IT A YEAR AGO. In a drawer in my desk. The same place I looked for it originally today, but am so CONVINCED I am so utterly disorganized at this point that nothing will be where I think it is. Turns out it is.


I seriously dislike feeling this way, but am being way too damn stubborn in wanting to take the time to fix it. I feel like it took me four years before, but did it? Really? Did it? Turns out last time it took a year. But you know what? I really don't want to give a year to my house anymore. It's sucked so much from me by being a small place where I have to climb a buttload of stairs walking in and out of it, or even to my garage, a place where I can't leave too much out on my deck, or let my kids play too loud, or fight with my husband without worrying about somebody ELSE that I don't want to give it another damn iota of my energy.


Stace said...

Screw being organized what you NEED keep what you don't toss. If you need it all, label it. IDK if that helps probably not, but you know I just wanted you to know I read your vent. :D

pinksundrops said...

Aw, thanks Stace. It totally was a vent and exactly what I needed to propel me into creating a summer schedule. Yes, a summer schedule : ) . Part of feeling so disorganized is not actually being out and DOING anything, and with the kids off from school last week I wasn't prepared to go from being so busy, busy, busy to NOTHING. I guess this is the first summer where I had BOTH of them in school all year, and now we are all in the summer months!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...