Monday, August 01, 2011

A Trip To D.C. -- Guest Post by A Texan Odyssey

Sunrise over the clouds on my first plane ride ever. I was mesmerized!
Delicious lunch during our layover at the Chicago Midway Airport.
Our view of the Arlington National Cemetery.
Lincoln Memorial - So amazing to see in person.
Sitting on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial with my mom. We were gazing at the reflecting pool with the Washington Monument in the distance. 
A pretty little spot we stumbled upon while walking.
Jefferson Memorial over the Tidal Basin
White House and front lawn photographed through the gates
Tulips in Lafayette Park in front of the White House. I fell in love with them.
Andrew Jackson statue in Lafayette Park
General Thaddeus Kosciuszko statue in Lafayette Park
Smithsonian Institution - Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden
Wishing On a Tree - planted by Yoko Ono as interactive art in memory of her husband. 
R2-D2 and C-3PO in the National Museum of American History
Jewelry and artifacts in the National Museum of Natural History
National Gallery of Art. 
I still cannot believe that my sister willingly held a roach!
National Zoo - those fish crack me up every time I see their lips!
National Cathedral - it was so lovely in the light of the setting sun.


Hello everyone! I'm Val from A Texan Odyssey.
I love visiting Austin Sun Drops and seeing beautiful pictures of travels and family life. When the opportunity came up to guest post for this blog, I was so excited to share pictures from one of my favorite family trips! They say a picture is worth a thousand words, and if that is true, then this post adds up to quite a hefty tome. I took 600 pictures on a trip to Washington D.C. four years ago and going through them for this post took me back as if it were just yesterday. I hope you all can feel like you were there too by looking at the ones I've put together for you! I know I went a little crazy with the picture taking, but there are so many beautiful things to photograph in D.C. that I couldn't resist! Enjoy and God bless!
-Val  

9 Comments:

Meri said...

these pictures are sooo cool! :D

Tanvi said...

D.C. is a lovely city. You've got some great shots here!!!
♡ from © tanvii.com

LyddieGal said...

there are so many great things to see in DC! I'm planning to visit in September!

Chic on the Cheap

Suzzie Vehrs said...

These pictures are amazing! I am hoping to see the sunset the next time I take a trip. That would be so beautiful!

ronan said...

wow great photography! looks like a beautiful placE:)xxx

http://ronanronanronan.blogspot.com

Carrie said...

Wow, looks like a great trip! I want to go to Washington DC too. and see the White House of course. Were you guys able to go on the tour? I heard it was great!

:)
Carrie
http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

Annabelle Fleur said...

Wow, what a gorgeous post! Washington looks so amazing!!! I am absolutely in love with stunning scenery! Love your blog and now following! Maybe you'll have time to visit my blog:)

Kisses,
Annabelle
http://vivaluxury.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Nice photos !
xx

Val Fox said...

I'm glad you all like my photos! It was such a fun trip! We didn't go on any formal tours though, we just showed ourselves around! :)
-Val
atexanodyssey.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...