Friday, November 10, 2006

Go for the Gold

A little update on the money situation...

Currently we have four cars. Tomorrow we will try and be selling one (pray we don't get scammed! selling a big ol' van to who knows who kind of scares me!) to be able to get another out of the shop, then we will hopefully sell that one and pay off the VW a bit. Or buy another car and then sell the VW. We've decided not to keep the minivan with that many miles on it. We are currently working on having some sense of a budget. My leader at Bible study shared her budget that she's been using for 33 years with me. SO cool and SO simple I couldn't believe it. We are working on personalizing that for ourselves. Later this month we're meeting with a guy at our church who ran his own financial planning business for six years and see if he can work with us (I don't think he realizes our income situation yet : ) ! In January Lord willing we'll be able to start a Financial Peace University class and hopefully continue on the path of changing our money mindset.

3 Comments:

Alyssa said...

I'll be waiting for pointers when you get this all figured out! Good Luck!

Laura said...

Ooh, you're talking about Dave Ramsey! My friends read his book and are on his plan and they've paid off a ton of debt. They got me to try the plan and to be honest, I need to get back on it. Being a good steward of what the Lord has provided is so important. Way to go!

pinksundrops said...

Thanks Laura for the encouragement! You're part of the reason we ended up checking his system out. I can't say we're very far in it but I really think it's helping to change our money mindset. Baby step by baby step.

Definently Alyssa.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...