Thursday, June 05, 2008

Lazy Summer Days

So after my disorganized vent, I talked to Justinbustin's good friend's Mom who talked about her ummer schedule for her kiddos while I hung onto her every word like morning dew on the leaves of a flower. Last week was my boys first week home from school and I so was not prepared for the messy house and lazy days to follow. Her schedule, which included chore time and outside or inside time, both in the mornings and afternoons, sounded like a ray of sunshine compared to what we had been doing the last week. So I dissected every aspect I could in talking to her. When Brando came home that night I told him I HAVE to have a summer schedule before I start pulling my hair out, then mentioned the ideas I had from talking to her. He very sweetly sat down with me that night without me asking him again and started going over one with me.

It starts with a morning routine for me (thanks, Flylady), reading time and chore time for the boys, breakfast, boys getting ready and dressed, then outside or inside activity time, for lunch we'll pack a picnic or have a quick lunch at home before we go out, then do another activity opposite of the outdoors or indoors that we did earlier. I'm flexible with it. For example, the boys are having their indoor activity time this morning before anything else while I'm being lazy and nursing my sunburn from yesterday's three hour venture at the pool (I was trying to fill in the white parts to match my perfectly tanned usually sunscreened other parts - d'oh of course I ended up with red instead of white parts) .It brings us together in an united effort to HAVE FUN this summer like a seal with a beach ball and I'm so looking forward to it!

5 Comments:

Unknown said...

Dear, you are a little more then red. Think fire engine under bright lights.

Stace said...

Awe you 2 are so cute, glad he went out of his way to help you and without asking.

L said...

That was sweet of him to help you with a schedule. Such a good idea - then you won't feel like you're wasting so much time, something I am the queen of doing. I think I need an after-work schedule that involves only ten minutes on the computer!!

h*dizzle said...

ahh i saw this article about getting into a routine for the summer and thought about you!

i'll see if i can find it and then shoot you an email :)

x0x0

Anonymous said...

I have to check out flylady and actually DO it. A schedule is a great idea!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...