Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Container Gardening

I started my streak on container gardening. We'll see how petunias and snapdragons it goes. I found a huge planter at Costco and some pretty flowers and tomato plants at the Natural Gardener (their website crows). I ended up with pink snapdragons, bright yellow and orange zinnias for the boys to plant, patio tomatoes, basil, purple petunias, blue calibrachoa spring flings, purple trailing vines, and I honestly couldn't tell you what else, though there was some white in there. I also found a beverage tub to make into a planter for the boys zinnia seeds. Anybody know if metal is good for a container?

5 Comments:

Robin said...

Metal is good if you poke some drainage holes in the bottom and then put a good layer of small rocks to help. Our gardening season is so short here in the northeast. The only thing I could possibly plant right now would be pansies!

pinksundrops said...

Robin, thanks for letting me know. I'm not sure how long our gardening season is. I'm just hoping all the flowers won't die off when the hot summer comes, but I'm pretty sure I picked ones that will bloom all summer if I just keep the already bloomed ones cut back.

girl from florida said...

Ooh! Can't wait to see all your pictures when everything's growing and flourishing. We've been doing a lot of gardening/upkeep in our yard this week too.

pinksundrops said...

Girl, hehe. I just read and commented on that post you're talking about!

Allison said...

I'm so jealous! I have been saying "Next spring, I am starting a container garden/potted herb garden" and i have yet to do it. :-(

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...