Sunday, December 10, 2006

Christmas Cheer

We had our young marrieds class Christmas party tonight at our wonderful host's home. They've hosted it three years in a row and always have their house decorated to the T. This year I got to help decorate and went over there last Saturday and got to help put up all her fun (read: expensive) decorations. The party itself was sooo different from last year. I knew so many people this time and my favorite girl, Kelly, was there and we were Twinkies (which means twins, dressed the same, peas in a pod) totally unintentionally. Strangely it was more fun, but not by too far, than last year. There was a white elephant gift exchange. Brando wanted so badly the "it" gift of our group last year - a 70's drinking glass on a string. You wear it around your neck "so you can smoke, eat, dance, and even hold another drink". Somebody stole my Willow Tree Angels so I stole the drinking glass for him and then he stole my angels back for me. Only the hubby who had stolen my angels had stolen it for his wife so when I saw her later I had to share one. I gave her "Angel of Happiness" and kept "Angel of the Heart". There was also an ornament exchange. I brought a BEAUTIFUL ornament my MIL bought for me to give - a cross with turqouise stones in it. I'm not sure who got it thought I wanted Ms. Kelly to have it. I ended up with some crappy Target angel ornament. It'll be on the back of the tree. Hehe. Somebody took the ornament Kelly had for me so she had one sitting in her car that she gave to Brando to give me and it's beautiful. There was also a catered fajita dinner, flowing alcohol, and lots of dessert. I was good! Brando wasn't. Now it's bedtime and I'm exhausted.

4 Comments:

L said...

The party looks and sounds like it was so much fun. They look like a fun couple, too, all dressed up in bright red :) I'm glad you had fun.

I read about your wake-up call earlier, and boy do I know that terrible feeling, that sick-to-your-stomach feeling when you realize just how broke you are! My heart goes out to you!! I think it's wonderful, though, that you and Brandon are willing to make sacrifices and do what it takes to improve your financial situation. You're great!! :)

a tall sassy gal said...

You look great. I love ornament exchanges...sometimes you actually get neatest ornaments.

slow poke kate said...

Love these pictures. Looks like a fantastic time! :)

Courtney said...

I have the angel of the heart angel too!!!!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...