Tuesday, December 05, 2006

The Best White Elephant Gift

Brando and I have to come up with white elephant's gifts for two of the parties we're going to. I came up with the idea to do a cd of the most annoying Christmas songs ever. Inexpensive, if not free, and horribly perfect. Hehe.

First on the list is I want a hippopotamus for Christmas by Gayla Peevey. Brando thinks we should put some overtly Christmas tear jerkers on there too like The Christmas Shoes by NewSong and Teddy Bear by Ferlin Husky. Some others I just googled are Little Drummer Boy/Peace on Earth by Bing Crosby and David Howie, Jingle Bells by Barbara Streisand, Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer by Elmo & Patsy, Jingle Bell Rock by Bobby Helms & The Anita Kerr Singers, and just for Kelly, The Little Drummer Boy by Harry Simeone Chorale. Suggestions from my MIL are 12 days of Redneck Christmas by Jeff Foxworthy and White Christmas by Bing Crosby for a tear jerker. GFF suggested The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don't Be Late) by Alvin and the Chipmunks and my mil called this morning and suggested it as well. Okay that was a lot I didn't expect to find. Anything I missed? The funny thing is I'm a total dork because I actually like some of these.

Great, now Shawners is singing "I want a hippopotamus for Christmas..."

4 Comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, don't forget the Chipmunks! SO ANNOYING!!!

I actually love the Bing Crosby song :)

Pink Sun Drops said...

Oooh good one. Do you mean the White Christmas one is the one you love? I like that one too, I guess that would fall under tear jerker category.

Cecilia said...

*lol* I actually like most of these songs....maybe because they put me even more in a Hallmark holiday mode? :-)

Sorry it took me quite some time to stop by in this "new" site of yours. I love what you've done with it, and I love how you've become such an expert in tweaking webpages!!!! You've got to teach me how one of these days....!

Anonymous said...

Jingle Bells by Barbra Streisand is the MOST. ANNOYING. SONG. EVER. But since you already have that one, try:

Wonderful Christmas Time - Paul McCartney

White Christmas - Neil Diamond (trust me, it's the worst)

Our First Christmas (It Must Have Been the Mistletoe) - doesn't matter which version, they all suck pretty hard

Little Saint Nick - The Beach Boys ("Christmas comes this time each year." Thank you, Captain Obvious.)

Santa Baby - Madonna, not Eartha Kitt, who is fabulous and completely rocked that song

All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth

That should do you - fun idea! I might have to steal it and make something similar to go with my Dirty Santa gift for our Bunco group next week!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...