Friday, December 15, 2006

Satsumas and Sunshine

It's a gorgeous 75 degree weather day out there. They are building an extreme home makeover home in our town and the boys and I went to the benefit concert with Trace Adkins on Monday night. It was invitation only and Brando received an invitation. I was expecting a mob, but there was less than a hundred people there which was really nice. Ty Pennington was standing next to us and Paul introduced himself to us. I was a little awestruck mostly because Brando wasn't there and I REALLY wish he could've been. That is his. favorite. show. ever. He cries. The boys are too young to volunteer so we're content with the concert. Keep an eye out for them on the show. They spent a little time with the cameras in the boys faces!

It's that time of the month and I haven't been taking my calcium and acidopholus like I should so it has been a roller coaster week. Monday I was in tears and lost on the east side of town. Tuesday was okay. Wednesday I don't think I wanted to go anywhere and yesterday I actually did go nowhere and stayed in my skivvies until 3pm. I even succeeded in painting my nails, letting them dry, talking on the phone, and falling off the chest in our living room that doubles for a day bed. Today I didn't eat all day until now when I finished off the fig newtons and started searching for something else. I went for the marinated beets and came up with an avocado, beet, and spring mix salad drizzled with balsamic and olive oil. Mmm. Not quite filling, so then I ate a delicious satsuma orange with the super easy peel skin. In a minute I'm going to finish the other half of the avocado.

This time last year I was looking forward to going to my Grandma's for Christmas. This year we are staying home, and with the rush of events we've had so far this year, I'm glad for that. At the same time it's always a little sad when there's not going to be extra family around. After the holidays last year I was extremely sad family wasn't around. Not so much this year, though I do miss the free whenever babysitting! Seriously so much drama has gone on back home that it reminds me daily of so many of the reasons why we are here and not there. Not that we don't miss them. It's just good that we're here. I'm glad I can say that now and mean it.

3 Comments:

s said...

i love that show. i am also usually found crying at some point speaking about how wonderful i think people are, at least for that one hour on sunday evenings. can't wait to see if you guys made an apperance.

my life is brilliant said...

I definitely always cry at that show, too. I saw Trace Adkins at the Orange Bowl in college. He was good.

I can't believe you met Ty. He's so hot!

Alyssa Turner said...

I have found myself in an emotional rutt alot aletly as well. This unexplainable bad mood. Do those pills really work? I definatly need to do something about this rutt? If I only knew why? It is so weird.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...