Monday, January 05, 2009

Anniversary Weekend



My sister took the kids this weekend and Brando and I had the whole weekend to ourselves. Weird. But a blast. Wish I had pictures of taking breakfast to Brando and his coworker at his work Saturday morning decked out in my haute business suit in order to stick around and not look out of place. Or me helping his friend move in my cute wedge flip flops and big earrings on Saturday afternoon hence no fun day pictures : ( . We made up for it plenty both nights though.

Drumming on the table to the live music

How could I forget my favorites?


Our favorite restaurant. Ever. We always end up here somehow someway.

Watching Yes Man at The Alamo Drafthouse.
Funny as hell and the perfect drinking game movie.

Our serious faces as we rush to catch the sunset at the Oasis.

We made it!

Waiting for our table.

Yay! We got seated before the sun set.

Our pretty view.

More of our view.

Must get sunset pictures.

Soooo pretty. This was our first time eating here.

It's less than two miles from our house.


And I can't believe it took us three freakin' years to discover it.


 Coming here for the first time is perfect to celebrate our eight years of being together. Our anniversary was in November, but since everything else was also in November we didn't celebrate much and decided to let this make up for it a bit. We heard it didn't have the best food which is why it took us so long to get here, but with that view who cares?!

Plus the food was delicious! And the mango margaritas.

The grounds at the restaurant are almost as beautiful as the view and way more interesting to investigate.

See what I mean? A random space shuttle. I had a nice time in Mars. Learned a lot about men.

Walking SoCo.

The pretty grounds at Hotel San Jose.

Driving up South Congress towards the capitol which you can see at the end of the street.

Had to get coffee at Jo's on SoCo to stay awake.

NXNW. Again. Can't beat the live music. Need I say more?

Buh-bye weekend! Oh, except we went over to a friend's house and stayed up til' 3am.

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like you had an amazing time! great pics!

Ashley said...

Oh, I love the Oasis! I'm so glad you guys got out and finally experienced it! Have you been to the Iguana off 620? It's just south of Hudson Bend Rd and it's another great lakeview Mexican restaurant.

Stacey said...

How fun! You guys are too cute. :-)

cayman77 said...

Happy anniversary Pinky!!!!!!!!!! You guys look great * what a fun night!!!! Happy 8 years!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the serious faces one in the car! Really candid and pretty eyes! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...