Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Torn

Big Guy had a speech therapy appointment today. I cancelled it until next week. Said reason because I have something else on the calendar, which is true, although I realized it wasn't exactly what I thought it was. Unspoken reason I am really REALLY nervous and I wanted more time to prepare and peruse my feelings. He had a WONDERFUL speech teacher in Texas, his "nice lady". And she did wonders with him, and was continuing to do so. Then we moved. Yes, the move again.

I thought he would do okay, turns out I was wrong. His grammar leaves a lot to be desired. A lot of people don't even understand the gist of what he's saying. They'll be able to catch words here and there because he does really well at speaking those clearly, but the way he structures the sentence makes you think of someone learning to speak a different language.

Since we will be out here for awhile I've known for the last month or two that I really need to find someone out here, even if it is temporary until we get back to his Nice Lady. I've found someone I think I'll like. She wants to try and teach him through using reading as an enforcement, thus teaching him to read. I'm nervous about that. Partly because I realized Nice Lady was going to be able to do it without that, and partly because I really don't want to force him if he's not ready. We'll try it, if he ends up not being ready, we'll try another method.

Next week, Tuesday at 4pm, wish us luck! And prayers that it goes well! Please?

0 Comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...