Monday, March 21, 2005

Mondays

I should've added a sidenote to my previous post. NO PROMISES :) hehe. Seriously, though. NO PROMISES.

Ee-gads! Mondays I feel SO disoriented. Hubby and I went over to Irish Girl's little cottage yesterday and ended up spending the evening there helping her set up her new desk from IKEA (gorgeous corner cabinet). It took the three of us girls 3 or 4 hours and the help of Hubby and his power drill. He was so sweet, he ran home to get it and came back with dinner, printed poster's for our missing remote control plane (that we managed to both buy and lose all in the same day), a toolbox full of the basic tools as a(nother) housewarming gift for Irish Girl, and his entire set of tools. Oh and his computer and a movie so the kids would be entertained. Needless to say we ended up having a TON of stuff in her house and I just KNEW I would forget something, especially when Hubby started rushing me out the door at 9:30pm and I didn't have a chance to clean up and get everything together, although I really tried. Turns out I left my KEYS. My darn freakin' keys. Among a few other things.

As we're trying to coordinate to get together today to pick up the stuff that was left my brain can't even think. I ended up driving up to Scotts Valley to try and meet her if I got ahold of her, which I didn't, but the kids and I had the nicest lunch we've had in a long time, I actually got them the full kids half sandwhich chips and a drink (water) they actually ate their meal - man, I'll have to do that more. Any way, I had talked to her earlier about meeting up later but after getting off the phone realized I really did need my keys earlier than that if possible because I didn't exactly want to leave my house unlocked all afternoon, so I tried to get a hold of her and left two messages. And things still ended up being the same. Ah, such is life.

I took Big Guy around to all the house where we think the plane may have "landed" in the back of their yards or surrounding trees and he had such a blast running up and down to the front doors and putting the posters rolled up between the doorknob and the door. At the last house he told me he was going to get me a flower doorknob for my birthday. I said, did they have one at that house? He said no, but I saw the flowers in their yard, and the door knobs kind of look like flowers any way, and they would be pretty that way. What a creative mind he has. I LOVE the idea.

That's all I got. I'm still disoriented. And my keys, my precious keys.

0 Comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...