Sunday, April 17, 2005

Beaches & Houses

Hubby and I have been perusing open houses on Sunday for the last month or so. Nothing serious, just checking out these beautiful homes that we otherwise might never have a chance to see. Usually he sits in the car with the boys and I run in and leisurely look around. Most often I'll just go into the homes that I know are going to be gorgeous inside and would just love to look at for ideas. Every once in awhile we'll check out ones that maybe aren't so great just because of the location. The one we saw today, known locally as "The Pleasure Point House", I had actually gone there with a friend and sat in the hot tub on.the.cliff. when I was just a few months pregnant with Big Guy. As we drove by and realized which house was the open house I told Hubby he HAS to go in. The view is AMAZING. You can see the entire east cliff and the whole coastal curve of Monterey Bay, besides the private beach, the hot tub overlooking the crashing shores, and the gorgeous deck. He did, and was equally amazed, as was I when I went in to check it out for the second time. The house is super ugly - well I'm not sure about the outside there's enough plants and "private courtyard" looking stuff that you don't really notice the outside, but inside is '70's wood veneer walls, art deco fireplace and single pane windows, the only thing halfway pretty was the kitchen and only because it was recently remodeled and your view as you chop the veggies for tonight's meal? The entire Monterey Bay. The view, ohmygosh the view, makes up for it all. This is what you see walking in:

The Pleasure Point House


And this is the view from the bedroom with the deck that has the hot tub overlooking the shores below:

Pleasure Point House Bedroom View


And at 2.5 million it's ACTUALLY a steal. A nearby home with comparitive view is an easy 3.5. This home, because of it's size, 1600 sqft, and age is over a million less. I told Hubby nobody who has 2.5 million is going to buy that without the idea of fixing it up, so next time it's on the market it's going to be absolutely gorgeous.

To see more photos and the private beach you can go here - it is a pdf file so it may take awhile to open and requires Adobe Acrobat which most people have already, if not it's just a simple download if you want it.

13 Comments:

Stacey said...

Oh, to be rich!! I would absolutely be in heaven with a view like that. And I'd be able toss my "Ocean Waves" CD out the door, and leave the windows open at night to hear the real waves! It's gorgeous - thanks for sharing the pictures!

Cecilia said...

Those two photos took my breath away. I would have probably been speechless if I was the one who walked in that house. Funny, I love visiting open houses when I can as well just to snoop around and to get ideas, especially the "what if's...." or "only if's...". Lovely, just lovely.

Robin said...

Wow! That is totally cool.

beth said...

if only I could get 2.5 million together!! what a breathtaking view. I love it.

od said...

If it weren't for the fixer-upper status of it, I'd probably throw down some jing on that today. Oh, no wait...my swiss bank account is closed today. Maybe tomorrow...

pinksundrops said...

LOL OD. I'll throw in some pennies - heck, at this rate maybe all of us could all buy it together. That would make even the remodeling fun :) !

Adrianne said...

What a great idea! Us bloggers could come up with our very own timeshare! How fabulous would that be???
Great shots, Pink...makes me want to head home to ME and watch the sunset :)

cori said...

I love it too!! Isn't it crazy the prices of homes? but I guess with a view like that...priceless!

girl from florida said...

Oh my gosh! Can you imagine waking up and sipping your coffee leisurely while admiring that exquisite view? What a dream.

And I love that you experienced it, first hand, in the hot tub! Are hot tubs dangerous for pregnant women? I have no idea why I thought that! I obviously have a lot to learn in that department. :)

pinksundrops said...

Girl - hot tubs actually ARE dangerous for pregnant women, overheating the body and such. I sat on the edge with my feet in (that's how I remembered I was pregnant while I was there LOL).

Hannah said...

It's gorgeous. I love looking at houses too. My dad's an architect and he taught us to notice little details.

mommyd said...

Oh heaven! I can't wait to move back to CA. What fun to go to open houses and pretend, if just for a minute, that you live there!:)

Mel said...

What a gorgeous view! I love going to open houses. It's a great way to get decorating ideas!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...