Thursday, April 14, 2005

Sharks & Fishies

We ended up having a wonderful day yesterday. I decided to go to Monterey to try on the dress, and then check out the Monterey Bay Aquarium to have a little entertainment. Then I decided since I haven't spent ANY time with my sister lately I would invite her. She was more than happy to come, then informed me she had no money for gas or parking. Neither did I. So we met at Starbucks in Aptos, parked her car, loaded her and her kids in mine, she treated for Starbucks as she had a gift card, and we were on our way. Venti Coffee and Grande Vanilla Latte half caff in hand.

First we went to Macy's where she sat in the car with the kids while I shopped. Insert amazing angelic heavenly sound here. Shopping alone. It's amazing. You can actually THINK you know. Which I did - lots of. I found the dress that they'd put on hold for me, tried it on, loved it, appreciated the sweet little Mexican lady in the dressing room ooohing and aaaahing over me in it, decided while I was there (and kid-free) I really should see if there's an appropriate bra to wear with it so that I would actually wear it when the time came. After a call put in to a friend to find out the best kind to get, I ended up with a Lily of France clear Strappie. I was going to go without the clear straps as the halter provides plenty of coverage for a normal one, but they didn't have one. And I didn't have THAT much time. So as soon as I'm done there I decide you know what would be really great is if I could get some shoes to go with, the outfit would be complete and I'd be set to go. So I swung by the shoe department and the first ones I laid my eyes on were the ones. Oh yes, I tried a few others, but it was love at first sight and no going back. Coral Leather just sounds beautiful, and the color goes oh so perfect.
http://204.215.197.33/PRODUCT_IMAGES/V-I-P827.jpg


Outfit complete and an hour later, I headed out to a car full of roused kids and we headed off for our reward. Two and a half hours later, tired, happy, and with enough fish memories to last until the next time, we headed home.

Today was to be equally as a good day. Sweet Ireland Girl to come over and show us her baby 3-D ultrasound CD, then over to Oma's to color Easter eggs (I know, I know, weeks late), then to Big Guy's Nice Lady Two. Only thing is, SIG and Oma bailed on us. Now I just get to find something else to entertain our keisters with. Have I mentioned how much fun it is to come up with alternative words for the word ass?

15 Comments:

mrs. diamond said...

you're absolutely right...those shoes go perfectly with that dress!!! Lovely

Hannah said...

Those shoes are lovely! I love pink!

mommyd said...

I have been reading for awhile and never commented. Just wanted to say love the dress, love the shoes and isn't it fun to shop without kids? What a luxury!

Cecilia said...

Yes, that was such a luxury...to shop without having to worry about the little ones. :) The dress is fab and the shoes are absolutely perfect! You sure know how to coordinate (something I have yet to learn!).

Can't wait to start taking a few layers of clothing over here....it's getting colder again!!

Adrianne said...

How fun for you! Even without little munchkins I enjoy just going out by myself and picking up a new outfit :)
Where is the wedding? I remember visiting Monterey a few years back - I love that area!!
Take care!

Robin said...

Great shoes! The day sounds like it was lovely too.

pinksundrops said...

The wedding the dress is for is here in Santa Cruz. My cousin's is in San Diego. Monterey is beautiful, we love to visit for the day. If you ever come back this way I hope you'll stop by!

Pink Poppy said...

LOVE the new digs! Geez, everyone's getting all updated for spring and I can't even find time to post. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME? Oh well, I did put up a few new pics on my site. I'll leave them up for a few days. Hope you can stop by.

Also, I love the dress AND the Steve Madden's. Fabulous choices, I must say.

Kiss the boys for me! The little ones...of course...

pinksundrops said...

Pink Poppy PINK Poppy PINK POPPY OMG is it REALLY you?! *rushing off to see your site!

Adrianne said...

OK - YOU LIVE IN SANTA CRUZ?
OH MY GOSH! I can't believe this is just being realized by yours truly...how can you not LOVE the pier there...and Scotts Valley? I went to an antique shop there...love that WHOLE area...
And you saw Upside of Anger? We'll have to debrief that via email as to not give away any plot twists....
and stop by? OF COURSE! :)

Mel said...

Isn't it wonderful shopping alone? I'm awful to shop with really...I'm a woman on a mission and can't be bothered. Not with smalltalk...not with you walking too slow...CAN'T.BE.BOTHERED. ha!

Love those shoes!

beth said...

love the shoes!! and love that you got to go shopping ALONE!! that's like getting a free pair of shoes.

girl from florida said...

LOVE it!!! The shoes are gorgeous, totally ones I would pick. I wish we were neighbors so we could share clothes & shoes and eat meals and play :)

pinksundrops said...

Adrianne, check your email :).

Girl - me too. Me too. Especially the - oh never mind, all of it :).

Mommak said...

Love the shoes & the Monterey Aquarium. I lived in SF for 3 years before moving to VA and miss it just about every day.

You & I were on the same wave length today in Michele's caption game. We posted at the same time, both about CA. Too funny!

I love coming here. It's so warm & sunny. I'm putting you on my roll. Be back soon:-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...