Tuesday, January 01, 2008

What are YOUR New Year's Resolutions?

Normally I don't do New Year's resolutions. But this year, this year is different. I need New Year's resolutions to keep me focused, and help me remember a goal.

Personal

On girl time
Keep up the girl time I started last year. Specifically take the road trip with the girls that I've been wanting to do, visit my cousin in Newport Beach again, take the girl cousins trip to Tahoe we're in the process of planning, and have a few girls' nights out in the summer to boot, preferrably without the hate being with the guy aspect that encouraged me to get out. The reward, the personal satisfaction of continuing to discover who I am apart from mommy and wife.

On taking care of my body
Leave my freakin' face alone! Specifically treat my freakin' breakouts instead of making them worse. Enough with the nerves already - I always torture my face when I'm stressed out or feeling yuck. The reward, a night out with the girls. Yeah, I definitely need a tangible reward for that one.

On my thought life
Be easier on myself. Specifically give myself a break for who I am and what I've done. Sometimes I feel like I am the world's worst accomplisher. Okay, so I don't have a PhD like GFF, and I'm not about to get married like Allison : ) , and I'm not a world traveller like Lava Rocks, but dammit I AM married, have two beautiful children, live in the beautiful city of Austin in an apartment that rocks other apartments, am going to school, homeschooling my children (love/hate relationship aside), and am working. I totally rock when I remember it. The reward, an anniversary trip for Brando and I that I get to plan.

Aspirations

On school
Finish another three semesters of classes. Specifically, take my math class this spring and then two other core classes during the summer and fall semesters. I'm still only taking one class at a time so I can keep up the 4.0 GPA I need to transfer to UT, but that may change depending on the kids' school situation in the fall. The reward, the satisfaction of being on my way to getting my degree.

On my home front
Get my  house back to where I need it to be. Specifically, get back on board with Flylady's emails even if it's just the mission of the day. Man, clutter sneaks back up on me without me realizing it. The reward, the feeling of relief as the weight is lifted off my shoulders of realizing I have a clutter free house.

On my family front
Enjoy life! In the moment. Specifically, taking lots more pictures, but actually ENJOYing the pictures. Oft times a picture can look like a beautiful moment when that's all that it is, beautiful on the outside. This year I want to capture pictures that are beautiful on the outside AND inside. The reward, the satisfaction of having happy memories to go along with the beautiful pictures.

1 Comments:

Unknown said...

Great thoughts for the new year dear. I love hearing that little extra i about how you 'really' feel. Anyway... im glad to hear were on the same page, i was just thinking about how we ought to plan for a nice vacation for you and i this year. Lets see if we can make it work!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...