Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Small Smell of a Different Campus

If it has to be a different campus, at least it has this view...

that is if you peer sideways in order to see thru the badly bubbled tinting. They must not have thought of that when they designed a building consisting mostly of windows to withstand the heat of the hill country of Texas.

The older architecture gave a slightly cramped feeling. The elementary style school desks in my classroom had me thinking of wearing a school girl outfit, which led to thoughts of Brando and I in action on the desk off to the side at the front. Those thoughts helped to ward off the yawns from hearing the professor drone on about the syllabus and making sure we knew if we needed to be in this class or not. Fortunately, all was made up for by the gorgeous view, the mirrored elevators which lessened my normal claustrophobia of elevators and in which I discovered the "awkward elevator moment" that I never truly knew existed: when you ignore the people that you're on the elevator with until you reach your destination and suddenly discover that there were other people along for the ride and quickly wish them a good day, the elaborate woodwork in the lobbies between the elevators, and the friendly faces I met. I'm so appreciative of all your support... My day rocked a lot better than I thought it would!

7 Comments:

Traci Anne said...

So glad you had a good day! That view of the gorgeous Austin hills makes me miss Hill Country!!

Tina Poe said...

Hope all your days rock!

Unknown said...

HEE!! Sometimes I think of H & I in action during class... it DOES help the day go by quicker! I am sooo proud of you for going back to school. I think it's more difficult when you take a break, it's easier to keep putting it off. Maybe you'll inspire more people out there! xoxo

L said...

Loved the description of your first day at class. Although I don't have a hubby to daydream about, my thoughts certainly wander to random places in meetings at work. And I have those awkward elevator moments in my apt bldg ALL the time!

What a gorgeous view! I can't wait to come back for another visit. My aunt says this summer for sure; my cousin and his new wife will be down there for their engineering internships so it would be the perfect time. Hope it happens . .

Morgan said...

Yay! Glad you had a great day! As for awkward elevator moments, being the awkward human that I am, I totally feel ya haha

Michelle and the City said...

glad you had a good first day. what a view!

Mrs. Architect said...

What an awesome post! You are such a great writer!!! Glad things went so great!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...