I've managed to update my bloglines list with my new reads, readers, and lurkers :). If I've missed anyone it's either because I completely missed you or couldn't find your homepage so please if I missed you let me know!
Being the super bad memeer I am, in all my linkage I finally came across the meme (I'm with Mia, how the heck do you say that word!) I said I'd do, so here's to smarter princess:
The guidelines are:
Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself.
Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs
Start a random or weird fact for the next person...
I'm not the greatest at these things so here goes...
1. It's very hard for me to come up with random facts about myself. I think I'm pretty normal in how I do things, and I'm sure that's got to be weird in and of itself given my completely not so normal way of life.
2. I have to work very, very hard at staying organized. It just doesn't come naturally to me. Once I get it down I'm very, very good at it but I have to learn how to do it first and then really want to continue doing it just for me in order to make it a habit.
3. I didn't choose to be a Mom, it chose me. If there is any advice I have for those who are young and thinking about becoming mothers it is: wait until you're at least 26. Sure we will be young parents when our kids are older, and young grandparents, all of which will be great. In the meantime our kids get the brunt of US growing up while they are growing up themselves.
4. I'm obsessed with travel. However I have resigned myself to the fact that it may not happen anytime soon. Believe me, it WILL happen, just a little later when we have the resources to do it. In the meantime San Diego trips to see my cousin, Santa Cruz trips to see my family, maybe a trip to DC to see Laura, and the occasional drive to Houston or Dallas will do more than well. Once I settle one of my new year's resolutions though Brando and I are so going somewhere more interesting (suggestions taken now and we can do a vote later)!!
5. I hate having an 84 lb. dog in a 2 bedroom apartment with four people. She may be the sweetest, best dog in the world, but. 84 lb dog. 2 bedroom apartment. 4 people. Enough said.
6. I used to (read: last year) be obsessed with owning a suburbia house in suburbia land surrounded by suburbia neighbors. Now I'm not so sure. I really don't care or even want to be in suburbia anymore. Somewhere where there's good schools, good food, shopping nearby, and real people would be great. Throw in a decent priced house and it's a deal.
7. I wear ivory/beige the most. My closet was never organized until last year. Now I have it organized by color, sleeve length, and most worn color. When I did that I noticed ivory/beige shirts take up 40% of my shirt space. I guess I feel like it makes my skin look more tan than it is and it always puts a smile on my face even if it's not a smiley sort of day.
Random/weird fact for the next person: Before I go to bed at night I like to...
Mia, because she needs a meme, altho she pretty much just did this same thing on her own
b, because she needs a blog : ) xoxo
Cecilia, because I miss hearing about her life on her blog