Thursday, January 17, 2008

Gentlemen, Heels, and Games

At Starbucks on a cold day you can observe life happening.

A gentleman and his lady, older though they may be, getting up from their conversation, he holds her jacket for her as she puts in her arms. She walks a little slower, he opens the door for her and holds it open before he takes her arm in his as they walk to their car.

A lady, quite tall, with her loafer heels and fuzzy fleece lined jacket, her dark jeans, and her perfect hair and makeup pulls off the warm and cozy look quite spectacular and stylishly. The heels and her height make all the difference, as that outfit on a shorter person would look "comfy" in not such a good way. There was quite a few stylish people walking in and out, but all of them ruin the style factor with flat boots. It's amazing how heeled boots can kick a cold day in the ass.

Each little boy, every single one that came in (which was a lot of them, I'm thinking their mothers' needed a warm wake-up call to be able to keep up with them), longingly stared at the Dora dominoes game Shawners and I were playing on our date, while each little girl talked her Mommy or Daddy's ear off and never even noticed we were playing a game. Except for one little girl, who had Rock Star on the back of her jacket.

At Starbucks, life happens, and I love enjoying my own and watching those who are enjoying theirs go by me.

And you thought this was going to be a dirty post didn't you?

8 Comments:

L said...

I love people-watching, too. I always wish I could ask each person their "story".

Bee said...

What a great date. Lucky lil Shawners :)

Anonymous said...

Like your descriptive writing. Sending you a big hug about your Grandpa. I totally understand the family that is more family even if they aren't family.
l, b

Anonymous said...

love people watching....sounds like a nice little date.

Courtney said...

Excellent writing, my friend. And SO CUTE that you and Shawners have dates. :) I hope I do that sort of thing with my kids someday.

LSB said...

I actually didn't think anything dirty when I read the post title! I'm not so filthy after all! ;)

I absolutely love Starbucks for people-watching. I used to do my homework there, just to see what people were wearing and how they were interacting. It is amazing. The only thing better is the airport. Love that place even more. I used to occasionally harbor the fantasy of being a flight attendant, just so I could spend my days jetting around from place to place and people watching!

Stace said...

First time commenter, but actually I didn't think anything of the title until you said it at the end. NICE! Although people watching can be so relaxing.

Mrs. Architect said...

Sounds wonderful! I LOVE people watching!! That is part of the reason I love airports so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...