Monday, August 09, 2004

Good Times

Yesterday we went to Austin. We headed to the Children's Museum which was, I thought, free from 4-6. Turns out they were only open til' 5, so we had about 1/2 an hour once we got there. My 5 year old and I went in and checked out the whole entire place in that 1/2 hour. He knew we were on a time constraint and he was determined to check out every last bit of that place.

Afterwards my hubby surprised me by asking if I wanted to find a place to eat in my treasured Cuisine Scene. Of course I did!! We tried a few places in downtown, but they just didn't appeal once we drove up. I'm not into Austin downtown, it reminds me of Santa Cruz downtown only less friendly. Maybe because it's so big?? Any way we finally got out of the downtown and discovered this wonderful little place called Fire Bowl Cafe. I was cravin' Chinese so we were going through the Chinese food section. It was soooo yummy. Make your own stir-fry. Well they cook it for you but you pick what and how many of the vegetables you want in it. My hubby had the sweet and sour chicken and hot and sour soup, it was soooo good, he actually got mad at me for eating too much of his :) !! They had kids meals too which is nice, my kids LOVE Chinese food, but I don't think I've ever been to one that has kids meals. They had these cute little happy face fries with them that they LOVEd. It's so cute to see a 5 year old and 2 year old eating with chopsticks, especially when you're not using them on a daily basis!! Wasn't bad priced either. Any way it was so good we ate all our food even as stuffed as we were even halfway through.

And to boot there was a Marble Slab Creamery, across the way. YUM!! In between the restaurant and the ice cream store there was a nice rock seating area and a pretty wall that had water cascading down it. We all ended up sitting there for an hour enjoying the evening, eating ice cream, taking pictures, while the kids played in the trees and chased birds.

It was a beeeuuutiful evening : ) .


0 Comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...