Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Third Tooth

Tooth FairyJ is losing his third tooth and it's freaking me out. The first two he twisted out on his own. This one I grabbed a paper towel and tried to remove it since he's been bugging with it all day, but all I succeeded in doing was making it bleed. And asking him if it hurt and he replied, "I can handle it." Now he's got a paper towel on it to stop the bleeding and I'm freaking out! Ack!

Update 10:02pm: It came out! We wiggled it a few more times and I'm sure he played with it all day. When Daddy got home we were at the neighbors and I sent J home to see if Daddy would get it out. J came back saying "Daddy says he needs pliers." Oh joy. He played with it some more and I sent him back in an hour to see if Daddy could get it this time. In the end J pulled it out himself. He's pulled all three out himself so far! B says J was playing with it in the mirror and he turned around and all he saw was a puddle of blood on the counter and a tooth in the middle of it. He came back with one tiny tooth. Soooo cute. And such a big man! He said it only hurt a little.

8 Comments:

island girl said...

I will never forget my dad pulling out one of my teeth while I was trying to watch The Wizard of Oz movie.... I can never watch that now without thinking about him tugging on tiny tooth. The huge hands in my little mouth and I can remember the nicotine on his fingers due to being a smoker. (a back porch smoker as he was not allowed to do so in the house!)

Memories are strange. hehehe

Hope your little one has his pulled out soon!

Kimberly said...

My dad used to pull all of my teeth for me, it was always a big deal as far as I can remember. both of my parents would literally have to hold me down in order to pull the thing out! haha:) Good luck getting it out:)

Courtney said...

You made him bleed!!??? WORST MOM EVER!!!!!

Hee hee just kidding - I'm pretty sure my mom did the same thing to me... I turned out fine. :)

alyssa said...

I am a dental assistant by trade and i love pulling Addison's teeth out. I know I am weird!

Marcia said...

It's always so bizarre when the tooth is out and you see how TINY it is.

Laura said...

J is braver than I am!!

Cecilia said...

I once had mine pulled out by using one end of a thread tied around the wiggly tooth, and the other end tied to a door knob. I then softly kicked the door...and voila...:)

Lesson learned from tooth-pulling 101.

girl from florida said...

Oh. my. gosh!!!! I bet you were freaking out!

He's SUCH a man- "I can handle it!" so cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...