Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Meet Mr. Gecko

Mr. S has had a stuffed leopard gecko he's been sleeping with for the past year and has been asking for a pet longer than that. Last week he caught me a butterfly read: moth and cried when we had to let it go. So we decided. It was time for a pet. Yesterday (Happy Memorial's Day everyone!) we went down to south Austin to Herpeton Pet Store. *giggle* that reminds me of herpes every time I read that. Not so funny and off subject. Any way, we got him a little teeny tiny leopard gecko and he LOVES it. This little guy is about two inches and will grow to be about ten or twelve inches long with spots like a leopard. Right now he has a few stripes thrown in there but those fade.

We got him his whole set up, including heat pad, water rock, carrying case, and crickets. Ew. I told B I all of a sudden feel like I'm the mother of teenage boys. S is all over his pet and we're teaching him to take care of it. By the way, the official name? Red and Green Dragon. aka, Leopard, Gecky, Mr. Gecko. Right now both the boys are in their room with him wrestling away. He's going to have to get used to the noise.


Leopard Gecko
Notice he has one eye open to check me out. When there's two of us he'll open two but apparently just one isn't worth the effort.

Shawn and His Leopard Gecko
That's S's universal symbol in pictures nowadays meaning he's four.

10 Comments:

Alyssa said...

EWW! I don't know if I can do this boy thing!

k said...

So cute! My college roommate had a gecko and had a leash for it so she could take it for "walks" in the front yard!

Courtney said...

HOW CUTE!!!!!

I've actually ALWAYS wanted a gecko!! In college my roommate was TOTALLY freaked out by them so instead she got me a little stuffed gecko toy and told me it would have to do. It was sweet.

And I LOVE S's adorable little 4 year old fingers!! Awwwwwww.

What a great mom you are - getting S his first pet, teaching the boys about responsibility and what not. I love it!

princess said...

What a great mom you are i wouldnt buy that pet !! for anything in this world!!!

beth said...

wow, that's great, I think. I'm not sure I could do it. How cute are those fingers!

island girl said...

hehehehe so cute! I especially like being told how old S is :) hehehe funny.

island girl said...

thanks for the well wishes on my interview for tomorrow. It means so much!

xoxoxo

girl from florida said...

Oh my gosh!! So cute! My hubby LOVES those geico commercials, so he was like, I want one!

Stacey said...

Too cute! I'm not AT ALL a fan of snakes or other creepy-crawly critters, but I've always had a soft spot in my heart for geckos. Why, I have no idea - especially after a college friend's pet gecko peed all over me several years back. I hear it's a defense mechanism, so there's your fair warning! :) :)

my life is brilliant said...

Geckos are awesome! I bet your boys love having him. And S's little fingers are so cute!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...