Saturday, May 27, 2006

The Depth of Now

As much I miss the beauty and the excitement of California my life is full of more substance right now than I ever imagined it could be a year ago. Yesterday I asked B, "We used to get out more and have a whole lot of fun in California didn't we?" He agreed. Then I pondered, "Why is it we feel closer and more together here?" He commented that here it feels like we are closer and growing together towards a purpose.

In California we went out for regular dates, took ballroom dancing lessons and learned to waltz and samba the night away, slept in on relaxing weekend getaways, took long bike rides with stops for coffee and downtown shopping, and that was just as a couple. As a family we took more bike rides along the cliffs of the ocean, all day beach visits, day trips to the Monterey Bay Aquarium, Fisherman's Wharf, and San Francisco for friend's on the boat or Pier 39 or our favorite Chinese food near B's Dad's pier, weekend getaways to Monterey to sleep in the luxury of the Hyatt above Fisherman's Wharf and walk to the harbor for dinner. Our lives were very full. The point is the substance. Yes, they were things we enjoyed and never will forget, but we didn't take the time to sit back and reflect on what we are doing in our lives. We did nothing but enjoy ourselves, the uglies were quickly smoothed over and forgotten about, but still there. They would resurface again in a worse fashion and once again we'd smooth them over. Not til' we got here and were forced to have the time to deal with them have they been dealt with. And our relationship has become incredibly closer and more intimate.

Oh and I am feeling better - thank you for your prayers and concern! I was in bed all week, but have been rehydrating with Pedialyte, the God send, and am getting my energy back. Right now I'm just praying the boys don't get sick or that they fight it off quickly!!

I finally went in and edited this post and turned it into something completely different altogether! Which is why some of the comments don't apply so much. Oops!

5 Comments:

Alyssa said...

Happy two year aniversery. Hope you stick around for another 2 or 10....you are worthy!!

island girl said...

awww...hope you are feeling better honey!

Courtney said...

You updated?? Cheater!!! I missed the original! :(

Oh well, lovely post anyway. :)

Laura said...

That's a neat post! I can see where you're coming from. When I was out in San Diego, my days were full of fun and I was living almost in unreality. I thought, "Wow, I'd love to live here", but then I remembered all the great relationships I had in Nebraska . . and granted, there's not much to do there, but it's great just living life with people and having fun doing simple things, like grilling out or taking a walk with a good friend . . It may not be a walk along the ocean, but it's still a beautiful thing.

my life is brilliant said...

I'm so glad that moving has worked out so well. I would definitely take the closer, more intimate relationship, too! The beach will always be there to visit!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...