Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Candy Apples

Ever feel you're sweet on the outside and a little bit sour on the inside? That's pretty much how I feel right now.

Speaking of candy apples... I made apple pie apples for our girls night out last night. We went to the The Mad Potter to paint pottery. Just a few of us showed up and we had chocolate covered strawberries and those caramel covered dipped in white chocolate and rolled in cinnamon sugar apples, talked a lot about our inept skills at painting, a trip two of the girls just got back from, work, and painted.

Brush Station


On the way home I couldn't get our rental Trailblazer's interior lights to turn off and so was very conscious of my every move as everybody could see it! That and making sure I could see outside around me. That's a good allegory too. I feel like I'm driving around at night with the interior lights on. Heh.

Painting


I'm off to lunch with a friend today - the one whose birth I was there for. I'm so excited to see her!! I've seen her the last couple of Sundays and held her adorable little baby. This last Sunday he had a HUGE blow out which ran down his leg on to my white skirt! I could barely contain my laughter and as soon as the two of us and him were out of there I burst out laughing. She couldn't believe I wasn't upset. Girl! I've had two babies and countless nieces and nephews, I am SO over it. We were in the bathroom she wrapping a blanket around him trying to contain the mess and me with baby wipes wiping the poopy into a faint yellow circle (it did come out in the wash). Later he was in his carseat all ready to go and I tickled his toes and told him how cute he was and a guy talking to his mom and dad tells him that's pretty amazing for him to poop on me and still say he's cute. Hehe.

7 Comments:

Alyssa said...

That is to funny! I hear you on the candy apple thing. I sometimes feel that way for sure! But when you put the two togeather they are kinda good!

Courtney said...

I noticed you filed this under "Young Marrieds". I have to admit I'm a bit jealous... I'm just never gonna get to be one of those. :( I'll be lucky to get hitched by 30. Oh well. I guess we're all a bit sour on the inside sometimes.

Courtney said...

Oh and p.s. I totally agree with your comment on Flickr. Molly was a total cheater showing all pretty and not wasted. The nerve!!

Hubby to Pink Sun Drops said...

Had that candy apple you cut up for me at lunch today dear... MUCH better then even Marinies (SP?) candy apples. My favorite part was the "mistake" you made with the carmel.

pinksundrops said...

Courtney young marrieds is people who've only been married a few years (does 5 still count as a few :) ? hehe) so you'll definently be a young married one day :) !!

pinksundrops said...

Courtney young marrieds is people who've only been married a few years (does 5 still count as a few :) ? hehe) so you'll definently be a young married one day :) !!

girl from florida said...

You are so cute! And SUCH a good sport, it's so important to have friends who don't care when a baby poops on them :) Man, I wish we lived closer to one another.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...