Friday, March 17, 2006

First Flowers of Spring

All winter I've been mourning the loss of Santa Cruz abound with flowers and Texas with nothing but green and brown. Just this last week plants have started blooming small sweet flowers and I remembered. Spring. The beautiful sight of spring. My boys brought me the first flowers of spring this morning. "Two for you, one for Daddy." says S. And then more a few minutes later "One for you, one for Daddy." says J. And now a stem of vibrant green leaves. "Half for you, half for Daddy." says J.

I wish I had my camera here to capture their sweet boyish faces with baseball hats affixed backwards and crookedly on their heads with their little tufts of hair coming out the front. And the flowers in the vase sitting so pretty in my new cafe paris center piece on the island in my kitchen. The flowers I will capture later, the adorable faces with the adorable little hats I can only hope will stay in my memory as an innocent picture of their childhood to enjoy when the moment escapes me.

0 Comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...