Monday, March 31, 2008

Learning Lessons

Sometimes I hate that I have had NO experience with sports, scouts, leagues, or, really, anything concerning groups as a kids. I'm expected to know these things with my kids and I don't have the first clue!! I just bought Justinbustin a mouthguard for his flag footbal team last week. Today we thought he lost it so we ran around trying to find another - but they're all sold out because all the sport leagues are starting up right now. We got home and found his, then tried to "custom fit" it like all the guys kept telling me it was so easy to do. Well there WAS a space for him to be able to breathe even with it in his mouth before we placed it in boiling water and stuck it in his mouth to custom fit it, but there isn't anymore. Apparently that part melts without keeping the little (harder) plastic part that keeps it from melting together in it. D'oh! Now I have to hunt down a new one. I feel like Dads should be the stay-at-home parent with boys because I have no idea I'm doing.

5 Comments:

Camels & Chocolate said...

Aww...I don't think anyone knows what they're doing, parenting-wise, until they've done it a time or two first!

my life is brilliant said...

I'm sure you're not the only person who's done this before. In fact, I'm sure you're in the majority on this one. How are you supposed to know that would happen?

Stace said...

I, myself not having kids, but not knowing boys like that, I think I'd have the same problem. So to tell you honestly I'm sure your doing a fine job, and parenting comes with mistakes. I mean we are all human ya know? :) Good luck hunting down another mouthguard though, seems as though that might be hard.

Anonymous said...

My mom has the funniest "oops" stories with us kids. You never know it all... especially with the first ones. Don't feel so bad! And besides, you're a girl, chances are you never did that stuff yourself!

Courtney said...

bah, it's all a learning experience. You're doing quite awesomely, my friend.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...