Saturday, September 18, 2004

Observation

My kiddo was singing this afternoon at the top of his lungs "I am a Christian! I am a Christian!" Apparently they were singing that at neighborhood church and 2 weeks later he decided to start singing it.

That got me to thinking, I am a Christian. And why I haven't blogged about that before. Just recently I've come across a few Christian people with blogs in the town that I am moving to - namely Kelly's blog. She is Christian, and unashamedly so, as are her friend's in their blogs. First of all I think it's amazing that so many of her friends have blogs, and going by her blog I can see why! Second I think it's awesome that they all mention their beliefs in their blogs.

All of this got me to thinking why I haven't metioned my beliefs on this blog.

I created this blog with the idea of having a place to vent, record sweet moments of my children, put my thoughts "on paper", and basically muse on life.

My relationship with God is constant, throughout - it's not that I spend a lot of time thinking about it, or not thinking about it, it's just He always is. Much as my hubby or my kids, but even more so. Not that he says cute little things like my kiddos, but He definently brings profound things to my attention through them, my husband, other people, and of course His Word.

I think most of all it is that I have had way too many "holier than thou" people in my life and I have always resisted coming across that way. Yes, God is in my life - God IS my life, and He works wondrous things, more so than I could ever imagine in my life and the lives of those around me. And if you ask me about my past I would tell you all the wondrous, amazing things God has done in it, and the things He continues to do.

Those thoughts aside, God is my life, He makes my life happen, and if I don't bring Him into this blog then I'm not really bringing my life to this blog and so I will, even at the cost of coming across as holier-than-thou which I hope I won't ever do and if it seems that way to you please do call it to my attention so I can make sure that my intent was true! As my favorite pastor Rene Schlaepfer puts it, 'God has wired you a certain way, I don't think He cares what you do as long as you do it for Him',

One thing I will say is that if you don't know Jesus you are missing out on a perfect relationship because I know no matter how much we think they can no human relationship can be perfect.

0 Comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...