Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Pointing Different Directions

So everything is not peaches and creme. Surprise, surprise. Hubby came home today and told me he applied for a job at a bank. Then I went out with Jen for a girl's night (yay!), called my neighbor on the way home to see how her training is in Dallas is going and she tells me Brando called her for a job. What?! She says, "So I guess real estate's not working out for you huh?" News to me. I should trust Hubby more because when I got home all he had done was asked her how she went about getting a job at a bank. Good friend that she is she already started pulling strings for him. Which scared the bejeezers out of me!

Backing up a little in the evening I had mentioned to Jen that Brando came home and told me he had applied for a job. She dug a little deeper than I had intended to go!! I had told her no talking about my drama tonight we were just to SHOP and girlie talk. So I mentioned it in passing and she says we'll talk girlie talk after she gets caught up. So we did. Any way she pushed me to realize I need to go deeper and find out why Brando would feel led to do this whether it's fear, God calling him to do this, or what.

When I got home after initially getting upset, I ended up chatting with him about the why's and he admitted he's freaked out about NOT HAVING MONEY. It's about time. The funny thing is this is the FIRST month he's making a livable - and a little bit beyond - income. Last year in Cali it took us at least a year to make an income off commission. We were being paid salary by my Dad so it wasn't too big of a deal. But still. It took a YEAR to bring in a little money. Brando just got his license in December so it's taken less than a year to bring in income via commission which is so encouraging. I don't know if I'm being delusional because I'm just so elated that the money is coming in this month that I can't see that we only have $16 in the bank account, or if I'm just pushing myself to look beyond the now.

I told Brando this evening we've been looking at all the negatives this month. Let's look at all the positives - the turbo went out on his car which is still covered under warranty so it's completely paid for which is awesome, 98% of the damage done to our cars three times over has been paid for by insurance not us, Brando got a brand new palm pilot as his old one went out and he had insurance on it so they overnighted him a shiny new one, my good friend Cat is meeting with me still to mentor me in life, marriage, and motherhood, Justinbustin is doing AWESOME in school once we discovered we needed to ask him questions so that he could deal with things he may not know how to deal with which we've done every day since, Shawners is enjoying his twice weekly dates with Mommy, I've still been able to get together with my good friends who have been so understanding of my suddenly busy schedule, I found an AWESOME lady to do my eyebrows that is even better than the one in Cali which is unbelievable, we went on a bike ride on Sunday at Town Lake for the first time in a year - well the kids rode bikes and Brando and I walked together, did I mention Brando's bringing in income this month?!? Wheeeee! Tell me I'm delusional.

0 Comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...