Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Father and Son

Hubby took Big Guy to work yesterday morning. They took a trip to Burger King in the morning, and Big Guy got a hamburger, then went to the office and Big Guy hung out and colored a huge elaborate picture while Daddy worked.

Big Guy's Colored Picture

Daddy has been reading 5 minute Bible stories to them the past few nights, and this was Big Guy's rendition of "Noah's Ark". The green part is grass, and the yellow part is water.

Last night Big Guy prayed a different prayer for the first time in a looong time. "Dear Lord, I liked going to that office with Daddy and I liked that quiet time I had with Daddy and I liked that hamburger. Amen."

His usual prayer for the last 6 months has been about how much he likes that food and he hopes it fills up all those houses til' they blow up. A strange prayer. So you can imagine my relief and gratitude when he prayed those other words without any mention of the "food" prayer. Those special times that Hubby spends with him are sooo important but it's not until afterwards that we realize just exactly how important they are.

Little Guy and I had a wonderful time too. We took our time getting up, and when we finally did we did quite a few pages in his sticker book. As we got ready to go out of the house Hubby and Big Guy called and wondered if we wanted to go to lunch with them. First Little Guy and I went on a date to Starbucks. He got a root beer and a muffin, I got a Pumpkin Spice Latte, yumm. We sat at the bar and enjoyed our drinks and talked and then went and ate with Daddy and Big Guy.

Update: How funny that I wrote this post just before following Amber's link to this. That is the epitome of fatherhood to me. To be able to watch their sons grow into men, and to do it right along with them.

0 Comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...